Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What's a little cancer among friends?

The recent ProPublica/PBS report detailing the shady background to scanner installation at US airports has been making the rounds. I like the New American's take on it:
None of this is to say that government standards and inspections are a guarantee of safety or even that scanner manufacturers are deliberately making unsafe products. It does, however, suggest that while the government likes to portray itself as the one thing standing between Americans and certain harm from unscrupulous companies, that same government will not let a little thing like safety prevent it from imposing its will on the people.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kathryn. I just put up a one page site regarding this. I'm wearing the t-shirt when I fly that says, "RadiationCausesCancer.com." Hopefully people will read all about it before they guide their kids into the death ray. I will put a link to this post there now. Can you put a link back to me? I'd appreciate it. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, readers - click on Sally_Oh's name to get to her site.

    ReplyDelete