Monday, November 22, 2010

Update on US Air and Orbitz

I have received no response to my letters last week. Does this mean that they have no intention of trying to retain me as a customer?

I've used Orbitz almost exclusively for my travel needs for the last 10 years. Good-bye, Orbitz!

As a bi-coastal family, I've flown cross-country at least twice a year for these last 10 years. The airport that I fly into is served only by US Air and United, although I've been known to frequent Southwest and Jet Blue in the past. So far, I've been nonplussed by responses from all of these carriers.

Because I made a promise to my husband's family that they would get to spend Christmas with my daughter this year, I will be making every effort to get her to California. I truly hope that I am not forced to make a decision between our privacy and our vacation. But I can see no reason to continue to support companies that show such little disregard for the my family's fundamental rights.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm sure Orbitz has gotten no other complaints and they are merely choosing to blatantly ignore you because they have ill-will toward you. What do you think they're gonna do? Stop all their work to write out one thousand apology letters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anon - I didn't say that Orbitz has ill will towards me. Only that I don't like their response so far and this will affect my future decisions of whether to use their services.

    On the other hand, large companies, including Orbitz, *do* have entire Customer Relations departments dedicated to responding to customer complaints, concerns and the rare compliment. It's not really outlandish for me to expect a response to my letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They'll likely make a general announcement or something. Or those in charge of placing the scanners in the first place.

    ReplyDelete