Saturday, November 20, 2010

Delta brushes off Glenn Jacobs

Glenn Jacobs wrote the following message to Delta regarding his travel plans, and got the standard response (scroll down to see their response):
I am writing to express my concern over the TSA's body
scanners and new pat down protocols. Since the creation of the TSA, I
have avoided flying whenever possible. Unfortunately, due to the nature
of my business, this is not often possible. However, the TSA has now
gone beyond the pale. While I must still fly for business, I will not
allow my family to be subjected to this sort of treatment, so flying for
pleasure is out. In addition, I am actively encouraging everyone I know
to avoid flying as much as possible. Delta runs a great business, and I
have always felt like a valued customer when on flying on it. However,
there are many frequent travelers who feel the same way that I do. The
TSA has not only failed to make us safer, it has become the bane of our
traveling experience.
Delta's response:

Dear Mr. Jacobs,

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the new security
requirements implemented by the TSA.  On behalf of everyone at Delta Air
Lines
, I sincerely apologize for your disappointment in these changes.

Please know, these procedures are conducted by the Transportation
Security Administration (TSA) and are required by federal law.  Be
assured we will continue to work with the TSA to minimize the
inconvenience to our passengers while at the same time maintaining
passenger security.

You may access the TSA web site, www.tsa.gov/public/, to obtain
additional information regarding security checks, TSA employee issues,
or with questions regarding missing or damaged items at a security check
point.  For passengers without internet access, you may call or write
the TSA as follows.

Telephone:     1-866-289-9673
Write to:    Transportation Security Administration
    601 South 12th Street
    Arlington, VA  22202-4220


Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to address your security
concerns.  As a valued Gold Medallion member your continued loyalty is
appreciated and we thank you for trusting your business to us.  Be
assured, we will make every attempt to serve you well; we are focused on
the future and look forward to our continued business relationship.

Sincerely,

Lisa Frank
Coordinator, Customer Care
Delta Air Lines/KLM Royal Dutch Airlines