Monday, November 15, 2010

TSA website is not forthcoming

When I first read John Tyner's story, I thought he must have missed something on the TSA site, because I knew that there were scanners at SAN. However, I just checked the TSA website and John is correct - San Diego is not on the list of airports with scanners. In retrospect, I knew of SAN's scanners because a friend of mine just flew out of there and told me they had them.

So - be careful! Before you make flight arrangements, check with the TSA and the airport you are flying out of and get some confirmation on the scanner situation. I just emailed Norfolk's airport the following:

I plan on flying out of your airport in December. You are not listed on the TSA website as having AIT scanners, nor are you on the list to get the scanners soon. However, I understand that their website may not be up-to-date. Can you please confirm the status of Norfolk with respect to the installation of these scanners?

Sincerely,

Kathryn Muratore

3 comments:

  1. K- I contacted a local airport with the same question. They are not currently on the list of having AIT, nor are they on the list of pending airports. The airport passed me off to the local state TSA, who then passed me off to the Federal TSA. I have a feeling that if I contact the Federal TSA, they will also not give me an answer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Elliott - grrr. One woman emailed to tell me her airport was very helpful in this regard, but I haven't heard back from ORF either and haven't had time to call.

    Could they at least confirm that they don't currently have the scanners?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @KM. They confirmed that they did not currently have scanners, but could not confirm if there were any plans to install the scanners in the future. My concern would be that I would schedule airfare, and then they would install the scanners in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete