Monday, November 15, 2010

Sexual Assault in Dayton

A blogger named Erin writes about being sexually assaulted in Dayton this weekend. Note that Dayton does not have scanners, and it is unclear why Erin was frisked. An excerpt:
She patted my left arm, my right arm, my upper back and my lower back. She then said, “I need to reach in and feel along the inside of your waistband.”

She felt along my waistline, moved behind me, then proceeded to feel both of my buttocks. She reached from behind in the middle of my buttocks towards my vagina area.

She did not tell me that she was going to touch my buttocks, or reach forward to my vagina area.

She then moved in front of my and touched the top and underneath portions of both of my breasts.

She did not tell me that she was going to touch my breasts.

She then felt around my waist. She then moved to the bottoms of my legs.

She then felt my inner thighs and my vagina area, touching both of my labia.

She did not tell me that she was going to touch my vagina area or my labia.

She then told me that I could put my shoes on and I asked if I could pick up the baby, she replied Yes.
Erin's contention is that this is sexual assault because she was not informed of the procedures and because the TSO did not follow standard operating procedure.
While I do believe Erin was sexually assaulted, it is irrelevant if the a TSO tells his or her victim how they will assault them first. There is no reasonable suspicion of the particular person, as evidenced by the lack of a warrant, and the frisk is therefore illegal. An illegal frisk, by definition, is assault. An illegal frisk of primary and secondary sex organs is, by definition, sexual assault.

Think of it this way. A man comes up to you in the street and says, "If you don't give me your wallet, I will punch you." If the man then proceeds to punch you when you don't hand over your wallet, is he innocent of assault? After all, he told you exactly what he was going to do and even why he was going to do it.

H/T to Roberta and Adam

6 comments:

  1. Sick, pedophile, perverted TSA agents, yet another violation of our rights. Add it to the list of gov’t violations of our right:
    They violate the 1st Amendment by placing protesters in cages, banning books like “America Deceived II” and censoring the internet.
    They violate the 2nd Amendment by confiscating guns.
    They violate the 4th and 5th Amendment by molesting airline passengers.
    They violate the entire Constitution by starting undeclared wars for foreign countries.
    Impeach Obama and sweep out the Congress, except Ron Paul.
    (Last link of Banned Book):
    http://www.iuniverse.com/Bookstore/BookDetail.aspx?BookId=SKU-000190526

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question is, why the HELL did she stand still for this???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not flown for 10 years and will never fly again. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hire Israel Security ASAP!

    They don't use scanners or do body searches, are efficient and have short lines YET are virtually free of any incidences.

    STOP TSA FROM ASSAULTING AMERICANS!!

    FIRE THE TSA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I work for TSA. I am am unable to believe that you will talk that way about me and my fellow workers. I personally don't want to pat someone down. But heck if you want assault, I don't like to go to the OB/GYN or when I get my yearly breast exam, but that keeps you safe. Don't want this then how about opting for a line that one gets screened and on line that has people that are screened. I have worked for 5 years at TSA and people have tried to carry GUNS, KNIVES, MACE, PEPPER SPRAY and OTHER VARIOUS WEAPONS on the planes. Don't want me to do my job, then I will gladly walk away, but when we are not here and more planes go down, DON'T blame me. Cry for your family and friends and know that YOU wanted them DEAD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice to compare getting a breast examination to being sexually assaulted. Of course, going through the scanner, you better be sure to get breast exams more with the radiation and all. Course, lets not even take into account the number of birth defects that are liable to increase due to it. And lets also ignore the trauma that you're putting victims of rape and assault through by once more molesting them. And using scare tactics to make people submit? Shameful and disgusting.

    ReplyDelete